3311 N. KENNICOTT AVE.
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL 60004
Display Part # DP00102
Dot matrix power supply PCB Part # A0015500
Main power cable Part # C00224
Display power cable Part # C00182
Screws (4) Part # SC00100-04
Instructions Part # PM00138
Serial numbers affected
Any games with a PB1 prefix on the serial number.
Reason for kit
We have gone from a display with an on board power supply to one that has a separate power supply PC board.
1. Check to ensure that all parts are present, and intact. If there are any missing or
damage parts please contact your local CAPCOM distributor.
2. Turn the power to the game off, and unplug it from the wall.
3. Locate the key to the backbox. Insert the key into the lock at the top of the
backbox and turn it fully clockwise. Lift up on the backglass and swing it out
towards the front of the game. Carefully remove the backglass and set it aside in
a safe place.
4. Open the lamp door by lifting the latch, and swing it completely open.
5. Open the dot matrix display panel by pushing the two latches, located above the
speaker enclosures, out towards the sides of the backbox.
6. Disconnect the ribbon cable and power supply cable from the display. This power
supply cable should now be removed from the game and discarded. It connects
from the dot matrix display to J6 on the main power supply PCB. At this point
cable ties will need to be cut in order to remove the cable. Do not re-clamp the
wires at this point.
7. Remove the four (4) screws that secure the metal cover for the display, and set the
cover (with the CPU PCB still attached) in the back box.
8. Remove the old dot matrix display and replace it with the new one.
9. Replace the metal cover, and screw it down. Make sure that the speaker wires are
not pinched under the cover when you replace it.
10. Place the display power board on the four standoffs to the left of the CPU. Make
sure that the PCB is oriented in such a way that connectors, J1 and J2, are
on the side of the PC board that is closest to the backbox wall at this point (see
FIGURE 1). Secure the display power supply board to the standoffs with the
four (4) screws provided.
11. Attach the display power cable from connector J2 on the dot matrix power
supply board to connector J4 on the dot matrix display.
12. Connect the small ribbon cable from the CPU PCB to connector J5 on the
13. Attach the main power cable to connector J1 on the display power board.
Connect the opposite end to the power board at connector J6.
14. Verify that all connectors are in the correct location, and that they are all seated
15. You will now want to make sure that the cables you have used are routed in such
a way that they will not get pinched when the dot matrix display panel is closed.
Use cable ties to secure the wires in place.
16. Close and latch the dot matrix display panel and the backbox lamp door.
Replace and lock the backglass in place.
17. SMOKE TEST! Plug in the game and turn it on. You should now have a fully
functional display. If the display is not working at this point, turn the game off
and verify that all connectors are in the proper locations. If the display is still
not working contact your distributor for further help.